Start the New Year Off Right by Clearing Your Space
Start your year off right with a little clearing and protection. It’s important to freshen up your atmosphere as you begin the New Year. There are many ways to achieve a clean space. Here are some tips to get you started!
- First, you will want to de-clutter your home of all unnecessary items. Let go of all that miscellaneous paper, clothing and knick knacks. Donate items that are in good shape to a shelter, family in need, or your local Goodwill store. This will help you release the past while helping others in need for the future.
- Second, do a thorough cleaning of your home. This is both physical and spiritual. Dust corners, wash baseboards and mop the floors. Although this can seem like you are just cleaning your house, by doing this you are really cleaning the energy of the space.
- Next, clear any negative energy out of your physical space by using some of the following examples: using sage, sandalwood or cedar. Sage, sandalwood and cedar are natural tools that have been used for centuries. Saging, also known as smudging, helps you to remove negative energies that have accumulated over time in your space. You can also use Holy Water, anointing oil, candles and/or sea salt lamps. Holy water is great because it has already been blessed for the purpose of healing. Candles and oils can be used during the cleaning/clearing process to add more intention to the purpose of the clearing process. Sea salt is a natural detoxifier and a perfect option to cleanse your space of unwanted energy.
- Last, but certainly not least, cleanse yourself. Take a nice sea salt bath to cleanse your own energy and sage yourself.
- In addition to starting your New Year right, this is always something you can do all year round. Getting into the habit of clearing your space will help to create a more peaceful and relaxing place to return to.