Oatmeal Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Winter is approaching and the green leaves are turning redder every day. There is nothing like fresh baked cookies to keep you warm as our Autumn nights become chillier. These delicious oatmeal cinnamon chocolate chip cookies are sure to do the trick! They may not be the healthiest cookie, but we need to treat ourselves every once in a while!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (add more for an extra cinnamon kick)
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 package chocolate chips (dark, bittersweet, semisweet, whichever you prefer!)
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Once thoroughly combined, beat in the eggs.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and flour. Slowly add the the wet mixture and mix until it’s all combined.
- Fold in the oats and chocolate chips. It’s best to use your hands, but a baking spatula will do.
- Put a good spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes. If you prefer crisper cookies, bake for 2-3 minutes longer. Just keep an eye on them!
This recipe was adapted from the Six Sisters’ Stuff blog. They are a family of cooks and home cooks who used food as a way to stay connected with one another, and additionally, food that you can use to bring your loved ones together. They have recipes for all types of food. To get more information from their blog go to https://www.sixsistersstuff.com.