Remembering to Treat Yourself
Try these activities when you’re after some well earned rest. Take a moment. Relax. And most importantly, give a wonderful treat to yourself:
- Dedicate 1 day of the week to take a luxurious bath. You can use salts, bubbles, or essential oils. Throw caution to the wind and combine all of them if you want to.
- Treat yourself to a manicure or pedicure. Happy nails make for a happy life.
- Get a massage or energy healing session. Clear out all that negative stress.
- Buy a gift for yourself. There is something out there that you have had your eye on that no one else knows about. Get it.
- Take fifteen minutes every day to meditate. This one is really important. A regularly planned time in your daily routine to take a break, clear, focus, and settle your mind, can do wonders for your stress levels. It is the equivalent of taking baby aspirin everyday to lower your risk for a heart attack.
- Get exercise. Similar to meditating, light exercising can alleviate stress, give you energy, and will make you focused for the day. On top of which, it will, over time, make you a much healthier person.
Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers.
- Have a movie night! Invite over your best friend or significant other. Or you can really treat yourself and go see the big new movie coming out. You know, that movie that everyone is talking about. Let’s call it Star Wars! Or you can call it something else… You can eat your favorite movie snacks, sit in your favorite spot in the theatre, and escape for a few hours.
If you need any encouragement, here’s a link to get you in the spirit of treating yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFe_sKlX8Io