Featured Product: Incense and Accessories
Incense is the combination of dried substances, generally gums and spices, used to create a sweet smell when burned. It has been around for centuries and has been used for both healing and spiritual practices. Its influence has permeated into cultures on a global scale. Native Americans used it in many of their ceremonies that honored the spirits. They used it to help bring about meditative trances that the participants would engage in. In Christianity, Frankincense was a popular resin to use in incense. And in Buddhism, incense is used as an aid in prayer.
Here’s what incense can do for you. It can create a healing environment. It refreshes the mind, body, and spirit, removes impurities, and facilitates your alertness. In the midst of busy affairs, where stressors are present, incense can offer a scent that allows you moments of peace and serenity. Incense can enhance the vibration of a meditative space. It can even assist with removing negative energy from a chaotic space.
Incense has become a popular item to have in your space for both fragrance and meditative purposes. We have many scents and accessories for everyone’s needs. We have scents like Lavender for calming your mind and Dragon’s Blood to protect your energetic spirit. Stop by The Open Mind Center today and let us pick out the perfect incense for you and your space.
Here is a great list of uses for different types of incense:
- Enhanced concentration and focus – Cinnamon, Lavender, Patchouli, Rose
- Creativity – Aloeswood, Benzoin, Cinnamon, Copal-Gold, Frankincense, Labdanum, Catnip, Ginger, Hops, Star Anise
- Increased motivation – Three Kings, Althea, Chamomile, Rosemary, Willow, Musk Root, Allspice
- Confidence – Rosemary, Garlic, Chamomile, Musk Root, St John’s Wort, Thyme, Oak, Woodruff
- Heightening sexual desire – Patchouli, Dragon’s Blood, Coco, Night Queen, Jasmine, Vanilla, Purple
- Preventing infections – Amber, Cinnamon, Pino
- Relieving headaches – Sage, Rose, Benzoin, Meadowsweet
- Fighting depression – Frankincense, Sandalwood, Aloe, Indian Cedar
- Reducing tension and anxiety – Eucalyptus, Lavender, Ginger, Lemon
- Overcoming insomnia – Benzoin, Musk Seed, Myrrh, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Valerian, Basil, Chamomile, Lavender, Mugwort, Marjoram, Rosemary, Star Anise, Thyme, Poppy Seed.