Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies Recipe
· 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
· 3/4 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
· 1/3 cup light brown sugar
· 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
· 1 large egg
· 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons milk (almond milk can be substituted)
· 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· Large back of chocolate kisses, unwrapped
1. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until creamy and smooth.
3. Add the peanut butter and sugars and beat until light and fluffy (about 2 – 3 minutes).
4. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat to combine.
5. Beat in the milk.
6. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the peanut butter mixture and beat until incorporated.
7. Cover and chill the batter for about an hour, or until firm enough to roll into balls.
8. Preheat oven to 375°F and place rack in the center of the oven.
9. Roll the batter into 1 inch round balls. Place on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
10. Bake the cookies for about 8 -10 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned.
11. Immediately upon removing the cookies from the oven, place an unwrapped chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie, pressing down gently until the cookie just starts to crack. Cool completely on a wire rack.